Trail Conditions Report: Closure at Elowah Falls

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Splintercat

Trail Conditions Report: Closure at Elowah Falls

Post by Splintercat » November 28th, 2015, 10:51 am

This report came in from Jamen Lee at Oregon State Parks this week:

A huge blowout occurred uphill from the railing during the storm last week. Trees, mud, rocks, etc.

Luckily all of the trees that fell down below missed the bridge under Elowah. We have closed the trail to Upper McCord near where the railing begins until we can get the slide cleaned up and remove the unstable, overhanging trees. There are also quite a few pieces of railing to replace.

I don't have an estimated time for completion at the moment, but hope to come up with a plan next week and I will be sure to keep you guys posted.

Thanks for all of your support to our trails!

-Jamen

Thought I'd post it here for folks considering weekend hiking opportunities. A big thanks to Jamen and the State Parks crews for all the good work they do to keep our trails open!

Tom

dalylab

Re: Trail Conditions Report: Closure at Elowah Falls

Post by dalylab » April 10th, 2016, 10:19 am

Dropped by Elowah Falls to hike the trail on April 9, 2016 and a notice still marks the trail closed above the upper trail railing.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." - Dr. Seuss

Banksia

Re: Trail Conditions Report: Closure at Elowah Falls

Post by Banksia » May 24th, 2016, 8:11 am

Trail is repaired and open.

All the hand railings along the cliff portion of the trail are solid and secure.