The West Coast Trail, Vancouver Island, BC

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
ghsmith76

The West Coast Trail, Vancouver Island, BC

Post by ghsmith76 » August 30th, 2015, 3:17 pm

I resigned from my job in May, moved back to Oregon and have been backpacking for the last 2 months. My final backpacking trip before returning to work turned out to be the most exciting. Image

Here is my post of the West Coast Trail backpacking adventure on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. This was truly a unique adventure and a fabulous conclusion to a couple months of backpacking. I value the memories of these backpacking trips as an important investment in my retirement.

http://higheredtechtalk.org/2015/08/30/ ... island-bc/

Video from one of my private beach campsites:
https://youtu.be/j5_LXzBr-rU
GHSMITH76
Blog:AdventureContinues.org

Gumby

Re: The West Coast Trail, Vancouver Island, BC

Post by Gumby » August 30th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Really cool! WCT has been on my "todo" list for a while now, hopefully I'll be able to make it up there sooner or later. Thanks for sharing :)
May she will stay

texasbb

Post by texasbb » August 30th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Very nice, thanks for the report. That trail is on my bucket list, too, and I have to say it intrigues me more than a lot of the more well-known places. Now if I could just arrange to quit my job... :)

wexcellent

Post by wexcellent » June 8th, 2016, 9:43 pm

I followed the link to your great post. Sounds intimidating but awesome! You were really blessed with the weather. It would be a drag to do the whole thing in the rain.
"There are no ordinary people - you have never talked to a mere mortal" C.S. Lewis