Bird Lake/Bird Creek Meadows Loop the day before the fire

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Hagbard Celine

Re: Bird Lake/Bird Creek Meadows Loop the day before the fir

Post by Hagbard Celine » August 17th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Any of us that ever got to go there are lucky, that place is literally awesome. I went there just a few weeks ago with my family and remember being kind of disappointed that the flowers and lushness of the place were no where near as full as it had been on our trip the year before. Now in perspective I am thankful we got to see it one more time. I will still go back next year if allowed. Wonderful area. Thanks for the report. :mrgreen:
“I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
― Booker T. Washington

zedsaid

Post by zedsaid » August 25th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Just got this info from someone at the Yakama Nation:
All we know for sure is that our ranger Richard's camping trailer was lost, and likely the other trailer that was stationed at Bird Lake. It will be some time before we can go up and assess the damage.

woodswalker

Post by woodswalker » September 2nd, 2015, 7:18 am

I was up there a few weeks before the fire for the first time with a friend and we were hoping to camp up there late August. So sad, although normally fire is part of the cycle of rejuvenation. Hopefully that is still true.
Woodswalker