We Finally did it! Ten Peak Hatfield/TransGorge: 6-20-15

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
nsutherl

Re: We Finally did it! Ten Peak Hatfield/TransGorge: 6-20-15

Post by nsutherl » January 5th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Old thread revival! I'm researching a trans-Gorge hike, and I just finished reading your previous 2 attempts (2013, 2014), so I was thrilled to see you both complete such an amazing challenge.

At the the end of the 2014 thread, you casually mentioned a link-up of the Hatfield and Timberline Trails.
Sean Thomas wrote:Thanks everybody :) This is just a warm up for the new train station they're putting in by Angels Rest(which does a half a hatfield, heads south on the pct to a timberline loop and heads back north on the pct to finish the hatfield) :shock: but that station wont be ready for passengers until next year so dont go trying to buy your tickets just yet :D
I did the quick math at it's likely a 1 or 2 night trip for you and your friend Corn. 119 miles. Are you selling tickets yet?? :shock:

Hatfield = 55
PCT to TT = 2 * 12
Timberline = 40

Sean Thomas

Re: We Finally did it! Ten Peak Hatfield/TransGorge: 6-20-15

Post by Sean Thomas » January 6th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Haha no tickets yet :lol: The plan was to do that summer 2015 but I lost my dad, grandma and the house I grew up in earlier that year and never even made it to the "train station". I was going to call it the Timberfield :P :roll: :lol: I figured it was about 120-130 miles and planned for forty hours, with the last stretch being the descent down Starvation Ridge to finish it off :shock:

Now I'm thinking bigger and have a couple of mega loops in the 200-300 mile range that loop Rainier, Adams, St Helens(calling it devils black hole) or taking it even further and looping hood as well. Each route uses a huge number of trails/logging roads and off trail stretches to tie it all together. Honestly I'm not sure I'll ever get to it lol but its fun to look at maps and dream :)

If you have any questions about the trans gorge feel free to ask. I'm pretty good at failing so have spent a lot of time on the trans gorge circuit over the years :lol: No matter your exact route, it has a little bit of everything we all love about the mountains(minus alpine) and will make a great choice for a trip no matter how many days you choose to hike it. Have fun! :)