GoalTech hikes Hamilton Mtn Loop at Sunrise 5/1/15

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
mjirving

GoalTech hikes Hamilton Mtn Loop at Sunrise 5/1/15

Post by mjirving » May 2nd, 2015, 9:07 pm

Hi All,

I hiked the Hamilton Loop on Friday morning. I finally saw another hiker after about 50 miles of hiking over the last 3 weeks. I also left my green Columbia sunglasses on top in the brush I think when I was scooting through it, so if you find 'em...let me know! :)

This is a pretty predictable trail, so not much to report except that wildflowers are starting to bloom and bugs weren't a problem. Trail is in great shape...just a few small blowdowns to walk over easily.

Check out my blog for a more detailed report and more pictures...here are a few of my favorites.
http://goaltechhikes.blogspot.com/2015/ ... -loop.html

Happy Trails!
Mike "GoalTech" Irving

six_keys

Re: GoalTech hikes Hamilton Mtn Loop at Sunrise 5/1/15

Post by six_keys » May 4th, 2015, 9:39 am

I have your sunglasses!!!!! Ok, funny story. I found your sunglasses in the brush as I was exploring (I turned around too, so I don't know if there is a view at the end). So my husband and I decided that we would leave the sunglasses at the trailhead. By mistake, he placed his own sunglasses at the trailhead. Ooops! Crossing our fingers that it is still there when we go to Dog Mountain this week.

I have a Hamilton Mountain question. We did it as an out-and-back. We went a little beyond the peak and then turned around. Our phones GPS said we did around 6 miles. I was expecting a little over 7 from NW Hiker and Sullivan's guide. Any thoughts on that discrepancy?

mjirving

Post by mjirving » May 4th, 2015, 9:48 am

Yay! I was really bummed I lost those as I like them so much! Let me know how best to get them. If you're local I can swing by or if not I'd be happy to reimburse you for postage.

My GPS shows about 3.5 miles to the summit. And GPSs tend to be too long by about 10% typically so I'd guess true mileage to be just over 3 miles.

Mike

PS: I hope you get yours back!!!

mjuliana

Post by mjuliana » May 4th, 2015, 1:12 pm

mjirving wrote:Yay! I was really bummed I lost those as I like them so much! Let me know how best to get them. If you're local I can swing by or if not I'd be happy to reimburse you for postage.

My GPS shows about 3.5 miles to the summit. And GPSs tend to be too long by about 10% typically so I'd guess true mileage to be just over 3 miles.

Mike

PS: I hope you get yours back!!!
When I did this earlier, looks like I had 3.5 miles to the summit. Bummer about the sunglasses. I lost a pair last fall...
Thanks,
Mike J

mjirving

Post by mjirving » May 7th, 2015, 6:21 pm

A huge thanks to my trail angel six_keys for finding and mailing me my sunglasses. How awesome is that!!

Thanks six_keys!!!!!!

Mike

hiker4fun

Post by hiker4fun » May 10th, 2015, 9:10 am

Nice to see that you got your glasses from "six_keys". Hope she gets hers back soon. :)

mjirving

Post by mjirving » May 10th, 2015, 9:20 am

She got hers back too on Friday when they went for another hike in the area! Very cool. Made me feel better too since I was partly why they were lost!