Parker Falls 02/15/15

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
kaltbluter

Parker Falls 02/15/15

Post by kaltbluter » February 24th, 2015, 9:34 am

After hiking the Trestle Creek Falls Loop my wife and I went a few more miles down road 22 and visited Upper and Lower Parker Creek Falls.

The trailhead sign is easy to see with parking for two or three cars. There is another small parking area across the bridge on the opposite side of the road.

Someone vandalized the trail sign by adding a "1" in front of the distances.

This section of trail looks like it might find its way down to the creek before much longer.

The rest of the trail was in great shape.

After about 1/2 mile the trail splits. The lower falls are down a short trail to the right and the upper falls are about 1/4 mile up the trail to the left.

There is a bench where this photo of Lower Parker Creek Falls was taken.

I got a little closer to the higher section for this photo but I didn't try climbing through the maze of wet slippery logs for anyting closer.

We turned around and headed back to the trail junction to continue to the upper falls.

This is about the best available (from trail) view of the upper falls. Someone younger and more energetic could have scrambled down this slope to get a better photo. I thought about it for a while then decided that I liked this view just fine.

Instead we went to the top of the falls and watched the water dissappear over the edge.

This is another spot right above the falls.

Total round trip is about 1.9 miles.

My GPS kept loosing its signal so it recorded a track that bounced all over the hillside. The GPX track linked below was edited to remove the obviously incorrect points but it is still pretty messy.

http://gpsfly.org/g/4019

BrianEdwards

Re: Parker Falls 02/15/15

Post by BrianEdwards » February 24th, 2015, 11:16 am

Another great off the beaten-path waterfall, thanks for sharin these
Clackamas River Waterfall Project - 95 Documented, 18 to go.

kaltbluter

Re: Parker Falls 02/15/15

Post by kaltbluter » February 24th, 2015, 11:45 am

BrianEdwards wrote:Another great off the beaten-path waterfall, thanks for sharin these
We also stopped by a few roadside falls while we were out there.

Blue Hole Falls

Noonday Falls

Zolotoy Falls