Home  •   Field Guide  •   Forums  •   Unread Posts  •   Maps  •   Find a Hike!  •    Register  •   Search  •  
Jump to:  
Login  | 

Board index » Trips » Trip Reports

Post subject: Northern Forest Park twofer 3-22-14
 Post Posted: March 28th, 2014, 9:31 am 

Last edited by payslee on February 9th, 2015, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Northern Forest Park twofer 3-22-14
 Post Posted: March 28th, 2014, 1:10 pm 

I love the restorative feeling of walking and hiking in the park too. It doesn't get much better than that :)

There is always a Chase log tho :lol:

Post Posted: March 28th, 2014, 4:15 pm 

Great characterizations of the tree personalities! That Linnton Trailhead used to be forbidden (No Parking) but that sign has come down because, I think, the buses no longer actually pull in there. I've noticed more hikers' cars there on weekends the past couple of years.

Post subject: Re: Northern Forest Park twofer 3-22-14. Linnton Loop
 Post Posted: November 13th, 2017, 10:49 am 

I actually did the hike last Friday and the no parking signs are there. I could not figure out how a trail coild be listed with so much written about direction and there be no mention of parking. Hwy 30 is difficult to cross but I ended up parking on the other side in an area near what appears to be an abandon warehouse. A little sketchy. We also found the map too small to follow and the written directions not clear enough to actually find the loop. We just turned around at 3 miles. Of course the bus parking area was full of cars on our return.

Post Posted: November 14th, 2017, 1:34 am 

Could you describe exactly where this NO PARKING signage exists? I'll try to update the Field Guide with a warning.

Board index » Trips » Trip Reports