Home  •   Field Guide  •   Forums  •   Unread Posts  •   Maps  •   Find a Hike!  •    Register  •   Search  •  
Jump to:  
Login  | 

Board index » Trips » Trip Reports

Post subject: More Indian Heaven: East Crater to Deep Lake
 Post Posted: August 24th, 2013, 12:57 pm 

With everywhere except the nearby forecast for a lot of thunderstorms, and reports of a bugless August in Indian Heaven, I had to try it out for myself. Been wanting to camp at Deep Lake for a while, but 2 miles just isn't enough to see, so I went in at East Crater TH, making it about 5 miles to Deep Lake.

My camp was in the trees, but there was a neato peninsula to hang out on. Had some gunk on my camera lens that I didn't realize was there for a while. Nonethess, here it is. It was partly sunny that afternoon.

With a wiped lens, I took a stroll down the trail after dinner and copped this Mt Adams sunset shot between some branches

I think that Deep Lake is the only one in Indian Heaven with some views

Hasn't dried out up there at all yet

Being Indian Heaven, it looked like this in the morning

But the sun came out during the hike out.

As to bugs, while sitting next to the lake at dusk, a saw a cloud of mosquitoes, hereinafter called The Blob, approaching my head. They were tiny. I blew at them and they floated away. Nonetheless, I wonder if this is just a lull between generations. If you go over Labor Day, thinking that your blood supply is safe, consider yourself warned.

Post subject: Re: More Indian Heaven: East Crater to Deep Lake
 Post Posted: August 24th, 2013, 5:42 pm 

What time did you exit? I must have just missed you. I was on Lemei Trail # 179 from about 7:45am to 8:30am.

Post subject: Re: More Indian Heaven: East Crater to Deep Lake
 Post Posted: August 24th, 2013, 6:07 pm 

xrp wrote:
What time did you exit? I must have just missed you. I was on Lemei Trail # 179 from about 7:45am to 8:30am.

I would have been on the trail, north to south, between about 9 and 10am.

Board index » Trips » Trip Reports