Boulder Lake 6/2

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
pdxgene

Boulder Lake 6/2

Post by pdxgene » June 2nd, 2013, 5:08 pm

Joan and I left the morning cloud cover behind as we passed Govt Camp this morning and headed out to Boulder Lake. The idea was to head up to Bonney Meadow if there wasn't much snow but go back to Little Boulder instead if we didn't feel like dealing with it. And it was too nice a day to want to deal with slipping around on it. Ends up about the same mileage more or less from where we turned around. Since most of the details have already been covered in the tr from yesterday I'll just roll with the photos. The passing puffs of fluffy white clouds made for nice color changes. Photo descriptions and lake elevations here http://picasaweb.google.com/pdxgene/BoulderLake6
I'm kinda doubtful on the Spinning Lake elevation that I'm getting from the forest service lake info sheet. It's below Boulder Lake yet they have it 300' above. My guess would be 4,500' not 4,900'. Assuming they have Boulder Lake correct at 4,600'.. Anyway, enjoy...
Oh yeah, the forest service signs are pretty amusing. You start out 3 miles from Bonney Meadows. At the next sign fifty feet later it's down to 2 1/4. You've covered 3/4ths of a mile in mere seconds. Unfortunately the next sign at the lake is 2 3/4 miles so you just lost half a mile. D'Oh! :roll: