Eagle Creek Backpack

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Hagbard Celine

Eagle Creek Backpack

Post by Hagbard Celine » April 19th, 2015, 1:03 pm

Eagle Creek is awesome as always...flowers seem to be just getting started, as do the crowds. We couldn't find a free creek side camp at 7 1/2 mile camp on a Thursday evening but I would sleep leaned against a tree if It was needed for me to spend the night in this wonderful place. Oh yes, I also learned that the new Osprey Atmos AG is a great pack but not if you are overly tall and or large as it has a fixed suspension and I for one could not find a comfortable, pain free fit with it. Always lots of reports of EC so here's just a couple shots.

Twister/Crossover Falls

This pretty bird was singing and dancing for me hoping for some seed.

Buddy here spent all day keeping the group wrangled together.

“I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
― Booker T. Washington

olderthanIusedtobe

Re: Eagle Creek Backpack

Post by olderthanIusedtobe » April 19th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Cool bird. Looks like a Steller's jay. The blue patches on his forehead are unique, usually the head is all black. Plus I've never seen one with his crest pulled back so far, it usually stands straight up. That's fun it put on a show for you.

RobinB

Post by RobinB » April 20th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Hagbard Celine wrote:We couldn't find a free creek side camp at 7 1/2 mile camp on a Thursday evening but I would sleep leaned against a tree if It was needed for me to spend the night in this wonderful place.
Oh no! Where'd you end up sleeping?

Hagbard Celine

Post by Hagbard Celine » April 20th, 2015, 9:55 pm

olderthanIusedtobe wrote:Cool bird. Looks like a Steller's jay. The blue patches on his forehead are unique, usually the head is all black. Plus I've never seen one with his crest pulled back so far, it usually stands straight up. That's fun it put on a show for you.
It was a Steller's Jay, it was a great way to start the day he was dancing from one side of the tables bench and then under, next bench, top, up to tree, repeat. Singing every 3rd stop or so for a good 10 minutes while we waiting for a group member to come back from the hatchery parking...(he forgot the dog's food).
RobinB wrote:Oh no! Where'd you end up sleeping?
at one of the trail side camps that are on the small and trashy side that are right off of the trail and so have no privacy. We packed out some coors cans and cigarette butts but didn't have room to take out all the trash we found around the site.
“I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
― Booker T. Washington

miah66

Post by miah66 » April 21st, 2015, 7:59 am

who does a 14 mi RT hike and smokes cigarettes? :shock:

Disclaimer: I know people that do this. :oops:
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider