Eagle Creek tribute song & healing through music

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
agiedwoyn

Eagle Creek tribute song & healing through music

Post by agiedwoyn » September 25th, 2017, 7:29 pm

Hello,
I've often landed on OH forums but never felt compelled to post anything until now. Like most of you, I've been grieving the loss of the magnificent Eagle Creek area. As a native Oregonian, I've been lucky to have grown up hiking in the Columbia River Gorge. It was unfathomable to me that anyone would set off fireworks in this beloved place. As a singer songwriter, I turned to music to better process my emotions. I wrote and recorded an elegy for Eagle Creek, and my husband and I put together a music video/montage. I believe music, and indeed all art, can facilitate healing. "Eagle Creek Elegy" is on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/DyCiqEd5ZfI
Anna

retired jerry

Re: Eagle Creek tribute song & healing through music

Post by retired jerry » September 26th, 2017, 6:17 am

nice video, thanks

SWriverstone

Post by SWriverstone » September 28th, 2017, 9:52 am

Beautiful song and video Anna! My only comment (said gently) is while it's a nice image, hanging the metal heart on a tree branch doesn't quite resonate with the Leave No Trace message. (But overall it's really great!)
Scott

BigBear

Post by BigBear » September 28th, 2017, 12:00 pm

I liked the song and the video.

The hanging of the ornament was probably on the Christmas Trail which I believe is on one of the old homesteading blocks that is outside of the NF boundary. The trail had been the location for a varying number of Xmas ornaments that hung over and alongside the path.

I have always appreciated the efforts of others to make this path special over the years, and each November-January I have ornaments suspended from the trees over the sidewalk in front of my house. The Christmas Trail is one of those locations where LNT should have a waiver, if in fact, it does lie within the NF boundary.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » September 28th, 2017, 3:17 pm

yeah, that's what I assumed

I'm into LNT. I always collect trash I see and bring it back out.

Something like the Christmas ornament trail might be an exception though. I think I'll just ignore the LNT inconsistency.

JeffreyHoward

Post by JeffreyHoward » October 3rd, 2017, 5:01 am

Your song is beautiful, thanks for sharing it.
(Was a bit confused by metal heart on a tree too :D )