Car camping sites, with a baby, around Mt. Hood

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
retired jerry

Re: Car camping sites, with a baby, around Mt. Hood

Post by retired jerry » July 10th, 2017, 2:40 pm

"I think you should stop by Zig Zag RS on your next trip to Mt. Hood and ask this question of the rangers there. They have all kinds of information that would be more complete than the hit-and-miss of a public forum."

I dunno :)

In my experience ranger station is hit and miss. Sometimes the person just reads from a sheet of paper, the same info you can get from the website, which can be out of date. Sometimes you talk to someone that's actually been there. And that's what other people on this site have mentioned, only not as polite as me :lol:

Water

Post by Water » July 10th, 2017, 3:06 pm

Guy wrote:
Water wrote:have 2.5 month old. def a bit intimidated about it, mostly the sleeping arrangements in tent, incl dog, which is also new to us. we will try to do a car camp before august i think.
bring lots of water. I mean, a stove to warm up water (if bath needed) and wet wipes, alcohol hand sanitizer (for you if...haha, forgive me, when, the shiessa gets on ya..).. I think it's possible. Honestly the most valuable things would be picnic table/flat space and shade.
I found babies easy actually it's toddlers that like to move around on their own and are too heavy to carry, that's when it gets harder :)

Took our 1st daughter camping on the clackamas at 2 weeks and Breitenbush Lake at 6 weeks. Along with multiple other trips including lots of winter cross country ski trips at places like White River being pulled around in a pulk.

agree with you from everything I hear--but tell me--you certainly had to have mom along for the ride too, right? I guess, we're not doing formula right now. I need to get Mama on board. :)
Feel Free to Feel Free

Guy

Post by Guy » July 10th, 2017, 3:10 pm

Water wrote: agree with you from everything I hear--but tell me--you certainly had to have mom along for the ride too, right? I guess, we're not doing formula right now. I need to get Mama on board. :)
Yep, maybe that's the hard part :)
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors