Cellphone service in Detroit, OR

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
retired jerry

Re: Cellphone service in Detroit, OR

Post by retired jerry » May 7th, 2015, 12:30 pm

coverage varies with time. Equipment goes down, they put in new towers or upgrade equipment. The only way to find out is to try, not that the question and info given isn't useful...

-Q-

Post by -Q- » May 7th, 2015, 12:50 pm

retired jerry wrote:coverage varies with time. Equipment goes down, they put in new towers or upgrade equipment. The only way to find out is to try, not that the question and info given isn't useful...
Its a long way to drive, only to find a failed signal.
Especially when my 99 year old Grandma is expecting my call :)

crispycritter

Post by crispycritter » May 29th, 2015, 7:21 pm

im using straight talk and have been all over the mountains up here as i live pretty close to detroit.. mostly cruising the forestry roads on my motorcycle.. i get great coverage in alot of areas, but no coverage in alot of areas, i check every time i stop or wanna take a picture or whatever reasons phones are used, sometimes i think it might just be better to chuck it off a cliff.. i find the higher the elevation is the better the signal, was just up at the devils ridge peak today and had good service and got an email while i was up there, still i put it on airplane mode to conserve battery cause the spotty service
bury your poop please

Water

Post by Water » May 29th, 2015, 9:50 pm

long response time but:

great coverage all around detroit lake at road level including data this last weekend. driving up french creek road it went away. then it came back as we got near dome rock...also had service at tumble lake.
Feel Free to Feel Free

kelkev

Post by kelkev » May 31st, 2015, 7:01 pm

4 bars of reception, and photo messaging on the summit of Triangulation Peak today. AT&T.
"Going to the mountains is going home."
— John Muir