Entire Gorge Mapset?

Cartography, maps, navigation, GPS and more.
sprengers4jc

Re: Entire Gorge Mapset?

Post by sprengers4jc » August 3rd, 2016, 9:34 am

Eric Peterson wrote:A forum poster!?!? That's all I am now? Not legend EP or something?? :D
Haha! Sorry, Eric. I couldn't remember your user name and thought it was epeterson or something. It has been awhile since you posted, ya know :D .

But since you commented, when are you gonna finish your Android version of the mapset so we S3 Mini users can use it on our phones? :P
'We travel not to escape life but for life to not escape us.'
-Unknown

Koda

Post by Koda » August 3rd, 2016, 9:43 am

EP will always be a legend. Someday when I’m old and on my death bed lurking on this forum listening to the new kids bitch about buying lottery reservations 12 months in advance to camp overnight at the RJ cabins I’m going to chime in and say “you whippersnappers wouldn’t even have the privilege of camping there if it weren’t for the likes of legend EP, back in the day we had to…..”

(or something like that)
lightweight, cheap, strong... pick 2

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » August 3rd, 2016, 9:48 am

I had to walk 10 miles uphill to school, and 10 miles uphill back home... :)

kaltbluter

Post by kaltbluter » August 3rd, 2016, 9:50 am

retired jerry wrote:I had to walk 10 miles uphill to school, and 10 miles uphill back home... :)
...in the snow, barefoot.

sprengers4jc

Post by sprengers4jc » August 3rd, 2016, 10:17 am

kaltbluter wrote:
retired jerry wrote:I had to walk 10 miles uphill to school, and 10 miles uphill back home... :)
...in the snow, barefoot.
Not always barefoot. Sometimes, Momma gave us bread bags for shoes...:P
'We travel not to escape life but for life to not escape us.'
-Unknown

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » August 3rd, 2016, 10:22 am

sprengers4jc wrote:Another good source is gpsfly.org. Many of us post there, and you can search for anything in particular by typing something like "ramona + gsfly.org" into your browser.
Even more specifically, use "site:gpsfly.org" to totally restrict the search there.
Eric Peterson wrote:A forum poster!?!? That's all I am now? Not legend EP or something?? :D
Heh...
  • capture.jpg
    Forum Posters
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » August 3rd, 2016, 10:37 am

aiwetir wrote:
adamschneider wrote: But is there an easy way to turn those into GPX files?
Graphhopper
RidewithGPS
GPSises
Garmin
Off the top of my head
But how? From the average user's perspective, OSM data is this mysterious untouchable background layer that can be traced but not directly accessed. Is there a straightforward way to pluck a trail from the OSM dataset and download its coordinates?

miah66

Post by miah66 » August 3rd, 2016, 12:01 pm

But how? From the average user's perspective, OSM data is this mysterious untouchable background layer that can be traced but not directly accessed. Is there a straightforward way to pluck a trail from the OSM dataset and download its coordinates?
Wow the great adamschneider is stumped on a mapping question. There is no hope for the rest of us! :lol:
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » August 3rd, 2016, 12:11 pm

miah66 wrote:
adamschneider wrote:But how? From the average user's perspective, OSM data is this mysterious untouchable background layer that can be traced but not directly accessed. Is there a straightforward way to pluck a trail from the OSM dataset and download its coordinates?
Wow the great adamschneider is stumped on a mapping question. There is no hope for the rest of us! :lol:
That's kinda my point... I have 10+ years of experience with making maps online, and yet everything about OpenStreetMap is still pretty opaque to me. (I'm sure I could figure it out if I really dug into it, but I haven't been that motivated yet.)

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » August 3rd, 2016, 12:34 pm

adamschneider wrote:That's kinda my point... I have 10+ years of experience with making maps online, and yet everything about OpenStreetMap is still pretty opaque to me. (I'm sure I could figure it out if I really dug into it, but I haven't been that motivated yet.)
+1
Karl
Back on the trail, again...