snow!

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
VanMarmot

Re: snow!

Post by VanMarmot » September 30th, 2017, 10:03 am

Chip Down wrote:Here's the next round (screenshot below). I can't recall ever seeing a September like this. Hoping this is a fluke, and we'll get a balmy sunny October.
Balmy - maybe - but the State Climatologist put out a 3-month seasonal forecast this month that posits increased storminess & precip thru December. Of course, this is a weather forecast, so who knows what'll happen in 3 months?

Oregon Seasonal Climate Forecast

BigBear

Post by BigBear » October 3rd, 2017, 12:07 pm

Perhaps I'm int he minority, but I had enough snow in January when we were all icebound from January 7th til January 18th (or later for those on the eastside). If I don't see a single $%&@$ snowflake this winter, I will be happy. And that goes for your friend freezing rain, too.

and...how'd you like those car insurance increases? I didn't get a dent, and my bill still went up 15%. So let's keep the snow celebrations down to a minimum this winter. I have a well-used charcoal briquette waiting for my insurance agent's stocking this Christmas.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » October 4th, 2017, 3:35 pm

https://www.skihood.com/cams/vista

Nothing even close to snow looking up from Mt Hood Meadows. You can see up to 6000 feet of elevation in that picture.

There's a chance of a little rain or snow this weekend, but not enough accumulation to be a big deal.

Still opportunity to get up there.

I'm busy for a week or two but hoping I get at least one more chance this year. Sometimes you can get up there in November or even December.

I'm with BB, prefer not to have snow although I sympathize with snow sports enthusiasts.