Grannyhiker?????????????

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
Splintercat

Re: Grannyhiker?????????????

Post by Splintercat » January 6th, 2016, 8:31 pm

I heard back from Grannyhiker this week, and she related that she's been doing much less hiking for a variety of reasons, so that's the main reason she has taken a break from the forum. She did acknowledge that the thread Guy posted was the "nudge" she needed to take a break, but had been planning to for awhile. She does check in periodically, and I encouraged her to do so. I'm pretty sure she read this thread, too, and that probably helped mend a few fences.

Hikers are nice people, and one thing I've discovered in the 8+ years this forum has been around that even the stupid internet -- which has enabled some of the WORST behavior I've ever witnessed in people -- can't hide the fact that hikers are just nice people..! Sure, we have occasional misunderstanding here, but compared to what most forums devolve to, this is a slice 'o paradise. Thanks for making it that way, everyone!

Tom :D

Sean Thomas

Re: Grannyhiker?????????????

Post by Sean Thomas » January 6th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Glad to hear GH is doing okay. I learned a lot reading her posts when I first started hiking frequently about 5+ years ago and remember her as a wealth of info and one of PH's OG super legends.

Koda wrote:what I like about this forum and this group is despite all our different views and disagreements we all care about the members here, this thread is anecdotal evidence of that.

Well said, Koda. I have to say, following this forum over the years has provided immeasurable knowledge and motivation for myself and so many others while also helping to ignite, mold and foster friendships between countless individuals. These are individuals I really look up to and admire, and many i'm lucky enough to call friends. No matter past differences or disagreements(and much more often than not) I see strength of character on display here that allows for a certain level of mutual respect and appreciation towards one another. And that's not to say the "flames wont fly" on occasion but couple the general good nature of the people here with a strong devotion to something loved(in this case hiking) well, that's what keeps me coming back :)