Kinzel Lake trail #665

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
MarkW

Kinzel Lake trail #665

Post by MarkW » May 19th, 2018, 8:56 am

I was scheduled to do a PCTA work party on 5-18 but I stupidly forgot to put my boots in the car so I was not allowed to participate. I made the best of the situation and hiked to Kinzel Lake. The trail is mostly in good shape but there are a few places that need work. There are a couple of 12-16 inch logs in one place ( 2 pieces of the same log really ), some smaller logs, some short stretches that need brushing out, and a few places in need of tread work. The Salmon River trail leading up there got some tread work done very recently not far from the trail head, but needs some light logout too. The Kinzel Lake trail work could all be done in one day I suppose but it would not be fun to carry the tools all the way up there! Maybe if someone has a truck capable of going up the road to Kinzel Lake, so the party could work its way down, this would be a fun, one-day work party. I tossed all the limbs off the trail that I could safely do all by myself.
Attachments
20180518_144257_rotate.jpg
The biggest logs in the way.
20180518_142636_rotate.jpg
A bad spot of tread