Mazama Trail logged out

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
Rick

Mazama Trail logged out

Post by Rick » July 30th, 2017, 4:48 pm

The Mazamas wrapped up their three day work party on the Mazama Trail #625 on Mt Hood yesterday. 63 logs removed, drains cleaned out, brushing done, gravel patched in rock slide, no snow, so it's totally clear bottom to top. Sadly, we left a few (million) black flies behind, they were too hard to clear out :cry:

Nice turnout this year, we had so many on the last day I didn't have to watch my arms fall out from sawing too much :D Thanks to all who helped, there may be a short video posted to Youtube by one participant, will post link if it turns up.

Guy

Re: Mazama Trail logged out

Post by Guy » July 30th, 2017, 7:23 pm

Many thanks guys, this isn't the most popular feeder trail on Hood, but it's certainly the most regularly and best maintained thanks to you folks!
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » July 31st, 2017, 6:27 am

Dear Mazamas and Volunteers:
Thank you for all the work on my favorite trail.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

bobcat

Post by bobcat » August 1st, 2017, 11:42 am

Many thanks! I experienced a few thousand of those black flies yesterday . . .