Tish Creek Bridge - some really good news!!

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
Don Nelsen

Tish Creek Bridge - some really good news!!

Post by Don Nelsen » January 5th, 2017, 6:28 pm

As I was about to head up the Eagle Creek trail today some FS people drove in and I spoke to one of them. They were going to do some hazard tree removal today in preparation to installing a new bridge in March. It was 19 degrees at the TH so I have to say I'm impressed that they are doing this today!

I hiked up about a half mile past Tunnel Falls today and on my way back, the work crew was still there at Tish Creek and had taken out numerous small trees and a couple of really big ones:

Tunnel Falls TR in a few minutes.
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

retired jerry

Re: Tish Creek Bridge - some really good news!!

Post by retired jerry » January 5th, 2017, 6:40 pm

well, I guess we still get to argue about it for two months :lol:

Splintercat

Re: Tish Creek Bridge - some really good news!!

Post by Splintercat » January 5th, 2017, 8:05 pm

Don, here's what Edan at the Forest Service sent me this week:
Forest Service crews hiked to Tish Creek today with the helicopter contractor for the bridge fly-out and fly-in to look at some trees to remove. We will get on that tomorrow. The contractor wants one day of flight to remove, some time to prep the foundations and a day to fly a new bridge in. Our “drop-dead” date is March 1, so we are on a tight timeframe, but everything looks good now. Even with this cold weather, we should be able to do the job in time, provided there isn’t a ton of snow from now until March 1 (highly unlikely). Thanks again for your support on Oregon Hikers.
So, some good news!

Tom :)