A Great Big Thanks to PCTA, WTA and Bergfreundes

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
trailupdater

A Great Big Thanks to PCTA, WTA and Bergfreundes

Post by trailupdater » May 10th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Thank you to all (too many to list!) for your great work in clearing the trails ever since the January storms! I really appreciate all your hard and SAFE work. Each day we see alot of vandalism around the gorge, so to see another group of people giving their time and energy, I am very encouraged. Again, thanks to each of you whether you put in one day, ten days, clipped brush or moved a slide (or big log!). In all you've already logged thousands of hours this year, I'm sure. Edan

Rather B Hiking

Re: A Great Big Thanks to PCTA, WTA and Bergfreundes

Post by Rather B Hiking » May 10th, 2012, 10:50 pm

I work in the Gorge, and use the trails from Angels Rest to Herman Creek with some frequency. It has been amazing to watch them improve week by week as various volunteer groups have tackled parts of last winter's devastation.

Those of you who haven't tried it should sign up for a day of trail work with one of these organizations. You will get a good workout, meet some nice people, and learn how to make your ad-hoc trail improvement efforts more effective. You will go home with a new appreciation for well-designed trails, and the satisfaction of knowing that you have improved a favorite trail.