Sevenmile Hill Parking directions

Post comments or questions about the Field Guide
adamschneider

Re: Sevenmile Hill Parking directions

Post by adamschneider » April 17th, 2017, 5:18 pm

The "sherriff's patch" is on Wasco County land. So is the official unofficial parking lot.

Interactive map: http://atlas.gpsvisualizer.com/map?url= ... &z=16&bg=h
Last edited by adamschneider on April 18th, 2017, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobcat

Post by bobcat » April 17th, 2017, 7:04 pm

Haha. Thanks, Adam. Slichter and I were both wrong! I had that boundary line way too low. I will put in a new map.

There are no fences between federal and county land there, which is what makes it a little tricky when on the ground.

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » April 18th, 2017, 7:02 am

We were up there on Sunday and found that the road has been re-surfaced with good gravel since last year. Karl's photo shows how rutted it was. Well now it's smooth sailing. We did park at the upper lot since we just doing a quick flower recon but won't do that in future.

cjwillson

Post by cjwillson » April 18th, 2017, 9:26 am

Hmmm, so I parked in the right spot but not the one originally described. If Paul's info is correct, the hike directions should be changed accordingly. I don't know if one should walk up the road to the "rusty barrel" parking (Paul seems to think not) or simply head straight east from the other parking (toward the fence).

Thanks for your attention to it!

cjwillson

Post by cjwillson » April 18th, 2017, 9:28 am

Actually, I think Adam's map matches what Slichter was saying (maybe in other comments that I didn't post).

Anyway, I'm going to bring more detailed info when I head there in the future. I'd like us to keep access to that land! :)

Guy

Post by Guy » April 23rd, 2017, 5:47 pm

Webfoot wrote:Hopefully this helps clarify things. The barrels are just past the parking allowed area.

(click for full size)
Sevenmile parking.jpg
We went there today for the first time, The "No Trespassing" Barrels prevent people from using a perfectly usable large level gravel parking area. NUTS! Now we have to park before the offending barrels and go cross county (which will form a new trail) in order to get onto FS land before we hike uphill.

That being said we had a great hike & saw only one other person (from a distance) the whole time we were there.
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors