Home  •   Field Guide  •   Forums  •   Unread Posts  •   Maps  •   Find a Hike!  •    Register  •   Search  •  
Jump to:  
Login  | 

Board index » Gear & Goodies » Photography

Post subject: Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary Lens Review
 Post Posted: February 16th, 2018, 5:00 pm 

I just got this lens at the beginning of the week, and this was originally meant to be just a "first impressions" video. However, as I was creating it and shooting with the lens I kept adding to what I wanted to talk about, and by the end it was more of a review than the little first impressions piece I had planned! It's not a complete review since I didn't really go into the image stabilization or autofocus in detail. I need to learn how to calibrate these systems before I can come to a final conclusion on them. Mostly this review is focused on the image quality and the overall value of the lens. I'm planning to post a follow up video some time in the future.

I've also put together a written review with a bunch of sample images: https://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/2018/02/sigma-150-600mm-contemporary-review.html

Board index » Gear & Goodies » Photography