First Aid Kit

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
bmgoff1981

Re: First Aid Kit

Post by bmgoff1981 » July 7th, 2016, 10:38 pm

Koda wrote:then they should charge less for the class.
IIRC one instructor mentioned they could literally instruct someone over the 911 phone to do breathless CPR (chest compression only) as a reason for teaching it.

under the Good Samaratin laws, does someone have the right to not expose themselves to biohazards (blood, vomit) even if they are qualified (trained) and began helping?
Very late to this conversation... But I've been regularly trained in CPR for work over the last 15yrs and have seen the shift to "chest compressions only" training as a way to simplify the process, and increase the willingness of the rescuer. All my classes still trained the full process, though... In regards to 911, I was unfortunate enough to have to perform compressions on a co-worker, and even after 15yrs of training, having the 911 operator keep count of the compressions for me was welcome help, it's a terrifying experience. The simplicity of "just chest compressions" makes complete sense when you are in that situation.
"Let not a single day pass without making at least one definite move towards the attainment of your major purpose."
-Napoleon Hill