Sale prices on a couple of campsite items until March 8, 15

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
Don Nelsen

Re: Sale prices on a couple of campsite items until March 8,

Post by Don Nelsen » March 1st, 2015, 4:34 pm

I like the Mountain House offerings - not too much salt, tastes great and easy to prepare. There are four I usually buy:

Chicken Teriyaki with Rice
Long Grain & Wild Rice Pilof
Mexican Style Rice & Chicken
Lasagne with Meat Sauce

I can't comment on most of the other items but those above are great IMHO

My cooking skills aren't all that great but at least I know how to boil water!

I don't often use freeze dries foods simply because I usually car-camp and have plenty of space for regular fare. However, freeze dried is great for those really long distance days when I sometimes take a primus stove and make a regular dinner on the trail.

-dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

tednottodd

Re: Sale prices on a couple of campsite items until March 8,

Post by tednottodd » March 5th, 2015, 6:31 am

Koda wrote:Regardless, I wouldmy mind trying some of the packit meals they look well done but they arent as common as mt house, I can even buy mt house at fred meyers.
You definitely have to plan ahead if you are going to use Packit Gourmet, but I usually order a bunch of meals at the beginning of our season and use them throughout, so it's not a problem. Their meals really are very good, and they obviously are trying to make an appetizing product. I'm not comparing them to Mt House, I'm only saying that I wouldn't hesitate trying Packit Gourmet's products.