NJ Gov. Christie Closes Beaches, then takes family there

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
BigBear

NJ Gov. Christie Closes Beaches, then takes family there

Post by BigBear » July 3rd, 2017, 11:57 am

Walking on the beach is one form of hiking, but don't do it in New Jersey.

And the winner of the most narcissistic person in America is Gov. Christie of NJ. A dozen governors debated whether/not to put their constituencies under the bus this 4th of July weekend. Some, like Gov. Insley of Washington waited until midnight to keep the parks open, but the NJ governor decided to close the beaches, ruin people's holiday weekends, and financially cripple the motel industry...and then, take his family out to one of the closed beaches for a day in the sun.

It's hard to believe his children didn't offer a word of wisdom, "This isn't a good idea, dad." No, the selfish governor is even trying to defend his pathetic error in judgment today.

One of many sources ("guaranteed to win a Pulitzer," per the Gov) on this story is:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/nyre ... udget.html

Peabody

Re: NJ Gov. Christie Closes Beaches, then takes family there

Post by Peabody » July 3rd, 2017, 4:17 pm

I'll make the the over/under on a Trump tweet excusing Christie's actions by deflecting criticism onto the Democrats at 48 hours (July 5th, noon eastern time)

@ Mods I'm evoking my stage 8 rights :)
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White

sgyoung

Post by sgyoung » July 4th, 2017, 9:59 am

He makes us all very proud.

drm

Post by drm » July 17th, 2017, 2:18 pm

I bet he can't wait for his term to end so he can start publishing books and being a TV pundit. He seems to completely have given up on being a governor.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » July 17th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Then I can be in stage 8 also

Christie, when he was prosecutor, put Jared Kushner's dad in prison for tax evasion, illegal campaign contributions, and witness tampering.

Then, Christie tried to be part of the Trump team, but hasn't done well, maybe Jared got revenge?