Hiker rescued from Bull of the Woods

Use this forum to post links to news stories from other websites - ones that other hikers might find interesting. This is not intended for original material or anecdotal information. You can reply to any news stories posted, but do not start a new thread without a link to a specific news story.
mrblisterdundee

Hiker rescued from Bull of the Woods

Post by mrblisterdundee » June 26th, 2017, 2:26 pm

The rescue season is really picking up quickly, with at least two in close proximity over the last weekend. Luckily this case and the other on the PCT in Marion County, the hikers' cell phones still had enough reception to make contact.
A hiker lost in the Bull of the Woods Wilderness area in the Mount Hood National Forest was found Sunday, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office reported.
The hiker, who was not injured and declined medical treatment, had camped in the area on Friday night, but became lost and used a cellphone to text a friend. The friend then called the sheriff's department.
- Tom Hallman Jr., The Oregonian
http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascoun ... r_home_pop

BaseCampBronco

Re: Hiker rescued from Bull of the Woods

Post by BaseCampBronco » June 26th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Yeah, I walked out of the Bull of the Woods Wilderness on Sunday morning (I spent Friday - Sunday out there, backpacking...I'll get a trip report up in the next few days, if I can make a little time), to two search and rescue members who had just searched the Dickey Creek Area.

Glad she was found safe! It was a little worrying to walk out of the woods to that sight.