Enchantments Traverse

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
adamschneider

Enchantments Traverse

Post by adamschneider » August 20th, 2016, 9:52 pm

Well, here's my plan for next Saturday...

Gulp. :?

pdxgene

Re: Enchantments Traverse

Post by pdxgene » August 21st, 2016, 6:59 am

Yikes!
Hope that Sunday isn't back the other way.... :P

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » August 21st, 2016, 9:33 pm

pdxgene wrote:Yikes!
Hope that Sunday isn't back the other way.... :P
Nah, I'm not quite that crazy. The question is whether my legs will be up for doing ANYTHING else on Sunday!

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » August 28th, 2016, 12:16 am

Update: I did it. Can't say I really recommend it though. If we had done an out-and-back where we turned around at Inspiration Lake and skipped everything east of there, it would have been a solid 15-16 mile day, without the torture of the long slow descent from Snow Lakes.
Last edited by adamschneider on August 30th, 2016, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

RobFromRedland

Post by RobFromRedland » August 28th, 2016, 1:53 pm

adamschneider wrote:Update: I did it. Can't say I really recommend it though. If we had done an out-and-back where we turned around at Inspiration Lake and skipped everything east of there, it would have been a solid 15-16 day, without the torture of the long slow descent from Snow Lakes.
Wow. Congratulations! I'm amazed you did it all in a day! That is some tough day hiking. Although I think if your turned around at Inspiration lake you would have missed some neat stuff - maybe turning around at Lake Vivianne. I thought that was one of the most beautiful high lakes up there. The Snow lakes were neat, but not terribly unique and wouldn't be a huge deal if you missed them. The rest of the trip down I would agree there isn't too much to see. Mostly just a lot of downhill trail.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW! What a ride! - Hunter S. Thompson