Looking for Wallowas multi-day trip partner after Sept 6

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
SE Ben

Looking for Wallowas multi-day trip partner after Sept 6

Post by SE Ben » August 16th, 2016, 8:18 am

I'm planning a 4 or 5 day trip to the Wallowas sometime between Sept 6 and Sept 20. Weather at night is usually still warm, usually there's been a cold night already and the mosquitoes are mostly gone and post-Labor-Day trails are reasonably empty.

I've done the East-Fork-Wallowa-River-Polaris Pass and the West Fork Wallowa routes into the Lakes Basin... but was chased off Polaris Pass by a thunder storm and didn't see anything except the trail 5' in front of me (and BARELY that). I'd be willing to do that route again, maybe pay $31 to take the Mt Howard tramway up from Wallowa Lake and then do the traverse to Aneroid Mt?

Also open to doing a Lostine-Minam loop or some other non-Lakes Basin trip.

If you're interested in doing this with me or have a favorite Wallowas trip to recommend, let me know.

Here's a past Wallowas hike trip report I did.

Double Tree

Re: Looking for Wallowas multi-day trip partner after Sept 6

Post by Double Tree » August 31st, 2016, 8:01 pm

Weather Sunday 8/28 and Monday 8/29 nights was calm and 50* I'd guess. There was a freeze a couple weeks ago that killed off most bugs, the nice man at the visitors center in Joseph told me. Heavy winds on Monday in Lakes Basin, enough to knock over my tent, which was exposed. I moved into a more protected forest campsite. Hope that helps.
Kelly

SE Ben

Post by SE Ben » September 2nd, 2016, 8:39 am

Thanks Kelly! I'm sure it'll be beautiful weather unless I leave my rain jacket at home. Then it'll bucket. Or snow.

hikerbot

Post by hikerbot » September 2nd, 2016, 2:55 pm

I think we had talked about this trip a couple years ago. If you manage to find a group this time around, I might be interested.

SE Ben

Post by SE Ben » September 3rd, 2016, 9:01 pm

I'm not sure my feet could handle the Red Lizardy pace you like to set, Ms Timberline-Trail-in-2-Days. :)

hikerbot

Post by hikerbot » September 6th, 2016, 10:22 pm

SE Ben wrote:I'm not sure my feet could handle the Red Lizardy pace you like to set, Ms Timberline-Trail-in-2-Days. :)
I'm pretty sure I don't qualify to be a fasthole. I ran this year's Summer Series to boost everyone else's point totals. :lol: