Summer hiking partner wanted

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
anne37

Summer hiking partner wanted

Post by anne37 » April 22nd, 2013, 2:21 pm

So at long last I have a more traditional work schedule, which means that I have a shot of finding a hiking partner this summer! I'm looking for a Portland-based female partner/s who doesn't mind long drives at dawn (or earlier), who wants to hike in to some gorgeous Washington backcountry Friday or Saturday, hike out the next day and be home for dinner. I will drive, you can contribute gas but it's not a requirement. I'm going to try to get out every weekend, but mostly I would like a buddy nearby for some of those overnighters in bear country. We can collaborate on hikes, of course, but some of my ideas have been things in the Alpine Lakes and Glacier Peak wildernesses like Lyman Lakes via Spider Gap, Tank Lakes via Necklace Valley, etc. I love Central Oregon, so Middle Sister is a possibility. I'm also looking for a buddy to hike in Glacier NP this summer, so if we get along we could road trip, too. I'm a medium-paced hiker who averages 10-15 mile day hikes, but that always depends on terrain. I'm a safety-first kind of person and am not into too much risk-taking when it comes to scrambling and glacier travel. I'm looking to start hiking together in mid-June. Contact me in the next few weeks if you want to meet for happy hour and talk about our summer. Check my link below if you want to snoop on me first ;)