Eagle Creek 3-day backpack 4/3-4/5 (I'm new to Portland!)

Post your plans for upcoming hikes and invite others! Look for hiking partners
itsjustjchu

Eagle Creek 3-day backpack 4/3-4/5 (I'm new to Portland!)

Post by itsjustjchu » March 25th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Hey all!

I'm new to Portland, and NWHikers brought me here!
I'm looking for a few (not more than 3) partners to hike and camp the eagle creek loop in the Colombia River Gorge.

About me: 20 year old guy, moved up about a month ago from San Diego, I dig hiking, camping, kickboxing, cooking, and food! I'll be transferring into Lewis & Clark College in August (can't wait!)

About you: positive vibes, good attitude, and a love for nature!

About the hike: 27 miles roundtrip, one of the most scenic hikes (so I've heard) in the gorge, starts out level and then gain some altitude. Great for those who've had a few nights under their belts.

This is also a good challenge and experience for those who are trying to break out into backpacking. To make the trip enjoyable and for new and new(ish) people, I'm planning to break the roughly 27 miles down over 3 days starting April 3rd and ending April 5th. People new to backpacking are welcome, but you MUST tell me your experience level (and be honest about it!). If you're new, I'd love to help you out in picking out gear or preparing!

Other deets: Some gear like stoves, cookware, maps/compass I'd love to share, and I have a two-person tent, but other than that, you should be prepared with your own gear. I can provide transportation so long as it's within reasonable driving distance from Downtown Portland.

Hope to see you out there! Post here or PM me if you're interested/down/have questions~
Jay biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

facebook.com/itsjustjchu

retired jerry

Re: Eagle Creek 3-day backpack 4/3-4/5 (I'm new to Portland!

Post by retired jerry » March 25th, 2015, 9:10 pm

You mean Eagle Creek to Wahtum Lake, then down PCT and Ruckel Creek trail?

That's a nice loop although I haven't done quite all of it

itsjustjchu

Post by itsjustjchu » March 25th, 2015, 10:19 pm

exactly!

sprengers4jc

Post by sprengers4jc » March 26th, 2015, 7:16 am

Welcome to the area! You couldn't have picked a better place for scenery and outdoor recreation opportunities. I'm sure a few folks on here would love to join you for that loop. It's a classic! :)
'We travel not to escape life but for life to not escape us.'
-Unknown