Born in Oregon, but recently started this love for hiking

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
tabithaforsman

Born in Oregon, but recently started this love for hiking

Post by tabithaforsman » July 30th, 2017, 10:13 am

So I've just started hiking... and apparently am a natural at it. I have already done Abiqua, Butte Creek, Wahkeena Falls to Larch Mountain, Elowah, Oneonta, Bridals Veil, Angels Rest, Mollala State Park, Latourell Falls, Opal Creek, Henline Falls, and some more.

I am a hiker that takes the trail off road. I HATE crowded hikes. I loved Henline because I was the only person there for FIVE hours! And I took the trail downstream jumping from rock to rock.

I loved Butte Creeks Falls, Upper Butte Creak just a few miles from Abiqua Falls, Scotts Mills.

I am wanting to find more secluded hikes. I tried to find the off the beaten track Wahkeena Falls Trail but was unable to do so. I didn't think I had the expertise to do so. Although, put me on any river and I will climb, boulder, hike, although I like to avoid submerging myself in the water... I am scared of water ironically. Love to be near it, toes in it, look at it, hear it, but not IN it!

So if anyone has any suggestions of some secret waterfall gems that you have to hike in to find. Let me know! :)

retired jerry

Re: Born in Oregon, but recently started this love for hikin

Post by retired jerry » July 30th, 2017, 11:37 am

places are more secluded in the winter if you don't mind bad weather