Helloooo Hikers

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
DrewskiTwoski

Helloooo Hikers

Post by DrewskiTwoski » April 6th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Hi all, I'm just joining after reading for a long time. My kids are getting old enough that we can start to venture a little farther.

I grew up in Colorado, and have lived in California, and now Oregon for a decade. I've been backpacking since I could walk and I enjoy hiking wherever life takes me.

Since finding myself in Oregon I have backpacked mostly short distances with my kids and also hiked many notable trails within a few hours of Portland but as of yet I haven't been on any long backpacking trips since my kids were born. I plan to hike the timberline trail this summer with a friend as my first longer adventure in many years. I have several questions about the timberline loop and I hope to author a few trip reports because I find them so helpful when planning hikes.

Best,

DrewskiTwoski

retired jerry

Re: Helloooo Hikers

Post by retired jerry » April 6th, 2017, 1:49 pm

welcome

the field guide has info about Timberline Trail, click on "field guide" at upper left,...

I remember my folks taking me on hikes, like to Ramona Falls decades ago. Excellent experiences. I took my mom to Ramona Falls a few years ago when she was 80, that was fun. We didn't quite make it all the way.

DrewskiTwoski

Re: Helloooo Hikers

Post by DrewskiTwoski » April 21st, 2017, 2:39 pm

Thanks Jerry