New to this forum

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
hippiebutterfly

New to this forum

Post by hippiebutterfly » February 27th, 2017, 9:06 am

Hello, I'm new to this forum. We just moved to Portland from Idaho 7 months ago. I would say my experience level is moderate. I've done weekend trips and have been backpacking off and on since college. I am not a fast hiker, but I'm consistent. My goal is to take on the Wa and Or PCT trails 50 miles at a time. I don't have the time to take off months to do the entire thing and I don't want to hike in the desert. My husband and I are planning on taking a week this year to hike the section from 3 Sisters to Breitenbush campground. But this is still a work in progress. We are information gathering at this point.

I personally am hoping to meet some local hikers who would let me join in some day hikes or weekend backpacking trips. I'd like to get to know this area better. Oregon is so beautiful! Before we moved here, my personal goal was to take on 7 Devils in Idaho...perhaps one day! :)

I am a stay-at-home mom to 1 child left in the nest. She's 16 and we homeschool. My older 2 kids are adults now. One still lives in Idaho and the other still lives at home while she works full time to save up to move out on her own. I garden and hike. Those are my passions.

Beth aka Hippiebutterfly

Peder

Re: New to this forum

Post by Peder » February 27th, 2017, 11:36 am

Welcome Beth! Sounds like you are a bit more than a hiker with "moderate" experience. If you join forums, outings or groups, you can relatively quickly have a hiking network. Happy trails!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

hippiebutterfly

Re: New to this forum

Post by hippiebutterfly » February 27th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Thank you Peder! I appreciate the welcome! :)