Hello all!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
DouggieFir

Hello all!

Post by DouggieFir » December 25th, 2016, 3:02 pm

Hello! I've occasionally been looking around the forums but never got around to making an account until now,
I've lived in the Portland metro area my entire life, But some how only got in to hiking last spring, This one day i've just picked Oneonta Gorge, Not sure why, But it looked like a very cool and beautiful place so i went with a couple of friends, And i'm not sure what, But seeing the lush green moss covered walls got me hooked, I've hiked every single week since that day up until fall arrived, And been hiking when ever since, I do shoot photography and Oneonta made a huge chance, I loved shooting landscapes and seems like the two mixed together and just stuck, I'm starting to get in to Mountaineering and hoping on climbing St Helen and Adams next spring, With Mt Hood some time 2018 or next spring depending if i get fit enough for it, I recently got more and more in to the Mt Hood National Park campaign, I've started working on a personal project photographing and writing out a story as to why it deserves to hold national park status, Hoping to get it done by the end of 2018, Looking forward to seeing y'all on the trails! Have a blessed new year!

This has to be the highlight hike of 2016, The cloud thickness was just right, A warm natural glow from the autumn leaves falling around me, With a stream just rushing through the rocks, This is a day i will always remember.

Splintercat

Re: Hello all!

Post by Splintercat » December 27th, 2016, 5:50 pm

Welcome, Douggie! Beautiful Elowah photo..! And always great to see another friend of Mount Hood (and the Gorge) here!

Tom :-)

DouggieFir

Re: Hello all!

Post by DouggieFir » December 30th, 2016, 3:42 pm

Splintercat wrote:Welcome, Douggie! Beautiful Elowah photo..! And always great to see another friend of Mount Hood (and the Gorge) here!

Tom :-)
Thanks!