Howdy! Positive life changes ahead...

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Mutt

Howdy! Positive life changes ahead...

Post by Mutt » October 6th, 2016, 6:05 am

I'm a native northwesterner--born and raised in Washington and now living in Oregon (Bend).

After some years of allowing other aspects of life to crowd out my first loves of hiking and bicycling, I have begun taking steps to reconnect with those beloved activities of days gone by. I'm also (very slowly) learning to play acoustic guitar. Being as I'm almost 47 years old, you could say I'm having my mid-life crisis. I guess there's worse ways to have one. My wife is very supportive--she recently said that, "Hey, at least you're not buying a sports car or having an affair!"

Anyway, here I am.

Limey

Re: Howdy! Positive life changes ahead...

Post by Limey » October 6th, 2016, 7:20 am

Welcome. I too got back into hiking after a too long hiatus, felt so good. Also, my hubby played bass in a band but decided he wanted to switch to keyboards so at age 44 I was handed the bass and told to learn. Never too late too learn something new.
Have fun on the trails.

Peder

Re: Howdy! Positive life changes ahead...

Post by Peder » October 6th, 2016, 7:35 am

I like the "Mutt"! Welcome and just enjoy the outdoors, there is plenty to explore around here!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…