Thank you TKO for all the amazing hiking opportunities!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
tennisref

Thank you TKO for all the amazing hiking opportunities!

Post by tennisref » November 12th, 2017, 10:59 am

Hello Everyone!

I am happy to finally become a member of this awesome site that has taken me to so many places near and far, and created a hiking to do list, almost as long as my reading to do list. I've been using the information since the site was portlandhikers What took me so long?

My fondest memories growing up in Oregon are being in the great outdoors. Camping on the coast durning summer thunderstorm, visiting the Oregon Caves and hiking at Silver Falls...I'll cut the list short because I could go on forever.

When I turned 30 I decided that I needed to get into shape and back out on the trails. So in the course of a year I took up running, stress fractured a foot and then took up hiking/trail running and lost 100lbs. To test my endurance and enjoy all of that hard work I hiked Angel's Rest/Devil's Rest on the Autumnal Equinox in 2014. It was the first time that I had hiked more than 10 miles and it was such an accomplishment and I enjoyed the companionship of other hikers on the way back down when I was exhausted and "lost" at a "trail junction".

The Field Guides have been an invaluable resource in planning my hikes and it's well past time that I contribute to the trip reports and volunteering with trail maintenance.

Looking forward to meeting you all out on the trails!

Peace, Love & Happiness
tennisref
Peace, Love & Happiness
~tennisref

justpeachy

Re: Thank you TKO for all the amazing hiking opportunities!

Post by justpeachy » November 12th, 2017, 7:19 pm

Welcome! Glad you're here! :D

You may have already found this page but you'll find plenty of opportunities for trail work volunteering here: https://www.trailkeepersoforegon.org/trailwork/