New to the community

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
gorgeittech

New to the community

Post by gorgeittech » August 15th, 2017, 2:29 pm

:) Hey all, I have been hiking and camping in Oregon most my life. I recently feel in love with the idea of thru hiking the PCT for Oregon, and found this forum via a book I picked up and thought I would join up and say Hi! I currently reside in the Gorge and work and play in the vast playground of Oregon and Washington, spending my time with my family, and hitting the trails either close to my home near Mt. Hood, or trekking to Mt. Adams. I'm hope to hit the PCT for Oregon in a summer or two, and am working up on getting my gear and body ready for some long distance hiking. (Usually just a weekend warrior) Am glad to be part of this community of hikers, and hope I can learn a lot, and contribute just as much. Probably have a lot of questions about hiking the PCT in the future, so any advice is welcomed.

justpeachy

Re: New to the community

Post by justpeachy » August 16th, 2017, 8:14 pm

Welcome to the site! Feel free to ask questions and seek advice here. Many people on this site have hiked at least part of the PCT or done other long-distance backpacking. Good luck as you prep for the big undertaking! :D