nomad.mom

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
nomad.mom

nomad.mom

Post by nomad.mom » March 15th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Good day everyone. I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I probably will be lurking for a while then a solid fixture. I'm planing a 4 night Backpacking Trip with a friend from Newberg... We are thinking the Wallowas.
I would say I am officially no longer a novice backpacker. Ive done 2 solos with the last being the Hetch Hetchy loop in Yosemite. Ive got numerous miles under my boots. I found my serenity and the great outdoors about 5 years ago. I like to hike for solitude and the beauty of the journey so you won't find me setting records.
I visit and hike Oregon any chance I get. Oregon- my happy place.
Im a Registered Nurse who currently hails from Arizona and I trudge the dusty, happy road of destiny with my Visual Cue Service Dog Zeus the Doberman. My eyesight is failing and with my eyes focused just a few feet in front of me Zeus will alert me so I don't walk off a cliff. Im still here so its a great testament to my Zeus. If we ever cross trails just know that Zeus is working. When were fireside he is quite chill.
My hiking BFF is of similar aptitude but probably more prepared than I. She and her two dogs are SARS. Im thinking she will only have one with her on this trip.
Anyhoot. . .

If someone would be kind enough to direct me to the forum where I am most likely to get great info on this summers backpacking trip... then continued intel on future treks.

some call me nomad, some call me mom so nomad.mom is mine.

Webfoot

Re: nomad.mom

Post by Webfoot » March 15th, 2017, 11:03 pm

Welcome Nomad.

I am not a backpacker so I won't try to guide you.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » March 16th, 2017, 5:32 am

There's some info in the field guide - click on "field guide", "eastern oregon", there are some Wallow hikes down below

Sullivan's book is pretty good http://www.oregonhiking.com/oregon-adve ... ern-oregon

(despite the similarity of the name, nothing to do with oregonhikers.org)

welcome

nomad.mom

Post by nomad.mom » March 18th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Thanks. I appreciate it.