Greetings

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
WAhiker

Greetings

Post by WAhiker » November 18th, 2015, 4:35 pm

My name is Ken and I am new to the area. I actually am living in Ellensburg, WA but spend many weekends in the Goldendale area so I am looking forward to exploring Oregon. I used to be a hike leader with the Mountaineers in the Seattle area and I still organize hikes for my friends. During the past year I have been to Mt Pugh, Camp Muir (both on a broken foot), Mt Defiance (WA), Excelsior Peak, Arrowhead Mountain, Round Mountain, the Siskiyou Wilderness in northern CA for a trail maintenance project with Wilderness Volunteers, the Smoky Mountains, and recently the Umatilla Wilderness in southeast WA. I hike, backpack, scramble, and cross-country ski. I am not a speed-demon but I am no slug, either. I enjoy taking photos on my trips and look forward to a good meal afterwards. I am always open to company on a trip so if you have anything in mind that is not too far from Goldendale let me know. Happy trails and be safe.
Attachments
image.jpeg

retired jerry

Re: Greetings

Post by retired jerry » November 18th, 2015, 4:42 pm

welcome

are there any places one could backpack, like northeast of Goldendale?

it's east of the cascades and a little lower elevation so there are times in the winter when it's not raining there and not snowy

Like in the vicinity of Brooks Memorial State Park