Wo-Mann Butte

Discussions and Trip Reports for off-trail adventures and rediscovering lost trails
Don Nelsen

Re: Wo-Mann Butte

Post by Don Nelsen » October 22nd, 2016, 7:13 am

-Q- wrote:I am down to go check this area out. Would be real neat to see it up close.

Would love to check out the Big Lava Bed as well if possible and others are interested. Always wanted to explore there, but with its reputation for navigational hazards (compass going haywire etc) I have been waiting to explore it with experienced others.

Would the access roads allow exploration of both areas in the same day??
I'd like to head back as soon as we get a day with good weather -or at least dry weather. The Big lava Bed and the butte are adjacent with good roads for access. I'd love to have company.

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

-Q-

Re: Wo-Mann Butte

Post by -Q- » October 22nd, 2016, 11:13 am

Don Nelsen wrote:
-Q- wrote:I am down to go check this area out. Would be real neat to see it up close.

Would love to check out the Big Lava Bed as well if possible and others are interested. Always wanted to explore there, but with its reputation for navigational hazards (compass going haywire etc) I have been waiting to explore it with experienced others.

Would the access roads allow exploration of both areas in the same day??
I'd like to head back as soon as we get a day with good weather -or at least dry weather. The Big lava Bed and the butte are adjacent with good roads for access. I'd love to have company.

dn
Sounds great don. Looking forward to hiking with you again.
I am in florida celebrating my grandma's 100th birthday right now. Will be back home on the 26th. Will try to bring some sun with me :mrgreen: