From Oregon Hikers Field Guide
- Hikes containing this destination:
- Latitude: 45.567669
- Longitude: -122.123765
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Maps
- Elevation: 1440 feet
This ain't your typical spring.
Usually when we talk of a spring, we're talking about a little gurgle of water bubbling out of the ground in the dirt. If there's a bit of slope, we can put a cup underneath the trickle and listen to the rising tone as our cups fills. Wahkeena Spring is on a little different scale. Wahkeena Creek gushes intact from the ground all in one place. Five yards uphill, there's no stream at all; five yards down, you can see almost the entire flow of Wahkeena Falls, a mile downstream. It's worth a look-see.
- Search Trip Reports for Wahkeena
Related Discussions / Q&A
- Search Trail Q&A for Wahkeena
Guidebooks that cover this destination
- Day Hike! Columbia Gorge, by Seabury Blair, Jr.
- 60 Hikes within 60 Miles of Portland, by Paul Gerald
- Afoot and Afield Portland/Vancouver, by Douglas Lorain
- 35 Hiking Trails, Columbia River Gorge, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Columbia River Gorge, 42 Scenic Hikes, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Hiking the Columbia River Gorge - 1st and 2nd Editions, by Russ Schneider
- 100 Hikes in Northwest Oregon - 3rd Edition, by William L Sullivan
- Stevefromdodge (creator)