From Oregon Hikers Field Guide
- Hikes including this location:
- Latitude: 45.57462
- Longitude: -122.12762
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Maps
- Elevation: 200 feet
- Height: 242 feet
Wahkeena Falls is one of the more popular destinations in the gorge and there's a reason for that. Wahkeena Falls has a beauty all its own. It's not a huge, single fall like Multnomah or Latourell and there's no lodge or fancy freeway exit to draw people. Wahkeena Creek falls this way and that, now a plunge, now a horsetail, now a cascade. It's just beautiful. A trail goes up from the Historic Highway at the parking area to the base of the falls, crossing a curved, stone arch bridge.
There's a junction with an abandoned trail at the first switchback above the base of Wahkeena Falls. The Perdition Trail used to go east from here to the top of Multnomah Falls. Unfortunately, the trail has been closed for years.
- Search Trip Reports for Wahkeena
Related Discussions / Q&A
- Search Trail Q&A for Wahkeena
Guidebooks that cover this destination
- Day Hike! Columbia Gorge, by Seabury Blair, Jr.
- 60 Hikes within 60 Miles of Portland, by Paul Gerald
- Afoot and Afield Portland/Vancouver, by Douglas Lorain
- 35 Hiking Trails, Columbia River Gorge, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Columbia River Gorge, 42 Scenic Hikes, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Hiking the Columbia River Gorge - 1st and 2nd Editions, by Russ Schneider
- 100 Hikes in Northwest Oregon - 3rd Edition, by William L Sullivan
- Stevefromdodge (creator)