Tryon Creek State Park Trailhead
From Oregon Hikers Field Guide
- Latitude: 45.44133
- Longitude: -122.67559
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Maps
- Elevation: 250 feet
- Driving time from Portland: 15 minutes
Hikes starting here
Fees and Regulations
- Open 7am to dusk
- No fees required
- Nature Center open 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily
- Picnic area near Nature Center
- Brochures available at various trailheads, bridges, and junctions
The main parking lot is located just off Terwilliger Boulevard, about 2.4 miles south of I-5. From the north, take the SW Barbur Boulevard exit #297, and from the south take the Terwilliger Blvd. exit #297. Then drive south along Terwilliger Boulevard following the numerous signs to Tryon Creek State Park.
You can get specific directions from your location using Google Maps.
Alternatives to Driving
Some of the trailheads are accessible via public transportation. Tri-Met Bus #38 provides access to the Boones Ferry trailheads. Tri-Met Bus #39 has service to Lewis and Clark College and stops near the north end of the park.
There are several other trailheads surrounding the park. See the park map for details.
- Terwilliger Trailheads
- Lewis and Clark Trailhead, located near the intersection of Boones Ferry and Terwilliger.
- Main Parking Lot and Nature center, information above on this page.
- Terwilliger Iron Mountain Trailhead, between Northgate Drive and Highway 43.
- Terwilliger Bike Trailhead, near the intersection of Terwilliger and Highway 43
- Boones Ferry Trailheads
- North Creek Trailhead, on the East side of Boones Ferry between Palatine and Arnold St.
- Boones Ferry Horse Trailhead, on the East side of Boones Ferry between Coronado and Stephenson.
- 4th Avenue Lewis and Clark Trailhead, located at the end of 4th ave, which is off Boones Ferry.
- Englewood Trailhead, at the end of Englewood Drive, no parking available. Walk-in only.
- Red Fox Trailhead, at the end of Boca Ratan Drive.
- Martell (creator)