From Oregon Hikers Field Guide
- Hikes to this destination:
- Hikes including this destination:
- Latitude: 45.57859
- Longitude: -122.07241
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Maps
- Elevation: 600 feet
- Height: 85'
A landslide in late 2014 has blocked access to Triple Falls. As of February 21, 2015 trail 424 is closed at the junction with the Horsetail Falls trail #438. Check here for updates and post here when you notice that the falls are accessible again so that we can update the field guide! The Oneonta & Horsetail Falls loop is unaffected and still completely accessible. You can still access Triple Falls from the south, but you will need to backtrack uphill as the landslide area after the falls is dangerous to pass.
Triple Falls is the 4th waterfall on Oneonta Creek. Impossible to miss, the viewpoint is only 5' from the Oneonta Trail. On the down side, there are very few places to see the waterfall from, so you're likely to see this angle from a lot of photographers.
- Search Trip Reports for Triple Falls
(Click here to add your own)
Related Discussions / Q&A
- Search Trail Q&A for Triple Falls
(Click here to ask a question or start a conversation)
Guidebooks that cover this destination
- Day Hike! Columbia Gorge, by Seabury Blair, Jr.
- 60 Hikes within 60 Miles of Portland, by Paul Gerald
- Afoot and Afield Portland/Vancouver, by Douglas Lorain
- 35 Hiking Trails, Columbia River Gorge, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Columbia River Gorge, 42 Scenic Hikes, by Don & Roberta Lowe
- Hiking the Columbia River Gorge - 1st and 2nd Editions, by Russ Schneider
- 100 Hikes in Northwest Oregon - 3rd Edition, by William L Sullivan
- [NWHiker.com Hike #17: Triple Falls Hike]
- [WaterfallsNorthwest.com - Triple Falls]
- [Horsetail and Triple Falls on LocalHikes.com]
- Stevefromdodge (creator)