Hurricane Creek Trailhead
From Oregon Hikers Field Guide
- Latitude: 45.31118
- Longitude: -117.30721
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Maps
- Elevation: 5060 feet
- Driving time from Portland: 5 1/4 hours
Hikes starting here
Fees and regulations
- Self-issued Wilderness Permit at trailhead
- Northwest Forest Pass required
- Keep dogs on leash in the trailhead area
Drive I-84 east and take Exit 261 for Highway 82, La Grande and Elgin. After exiting, turn right for Highway 82, Elgin, and Wallowa Lake.
After 1.6 miles, go left at a traffic light on Highway 82/McAlister Road for Imbler, Elgin, and Enterprise.
Drive 17.9 miles to Elgin and turn right at a Stop sign for Wallowa, Lostine, and Enterprise.
Keeping on Highway 82, drive 44.2 miles into Enterprise.
In Enterprise, turn right onto River Street and drive 0.4 miles to turn right onto Hurricane Creek Road.
Drive 8.8 miles on this road, which becomes gravel, to the large parking area at the Hurricane Creek Trailhead.
- There are restrooms and an information kiosk at the trailhead.
- North of the trailhead is the Hurricane Creek Campground, where you can car camp if you are doing day hikes.
- bobcat (creator)