Catherine Creek Trailhead
From Oregon Hikers Field Guide
- Driving distance from Portland: 90 minutes
- Latitude: 45.71043
- Longitude: -121.36172
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Maps
- Elevation: 260 feet
- Driving time from Portland: 1.5 hours
Hikes starting here
- Catherine Creek Arch Loop Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
- Catherine Creek Universal Access Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
- Catherine Creek West Loop Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
- Catherine Creek to Coyote Wall Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
Fees and Regulations
From Portland, drive east on I-84 to Hood River. Cross the Hood River Bridge and turn right on Washington Highway 14. Drive through Bingen and continue about 4 1/2 miles to Old Highway 8. Turn left on Old Highway 8, which is also County Road 1230. Drive east on this road, which is an earlier version of today's Highway 14, for about 1 1/2 mile to the trailhead. The universal access trail takes off to the right (downhill from the road). The rock arch hike and others begin uphill to the left.
Old Highway 8 continues eastward all the way to Lyle, creating alternate routes to or from the east.
One thing good about the trailhead parking area is that there is a house across the street that over-looks the parking area. A bad guy would have to have a lot of nerve to break into a car here.