Catherine Creek Trailhead
From Oregon Hikers Field Guide
- Latitude: 45.71047
- Longitude: -121.36214
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Maps
- Elevation: 260 feet
- Driving time from Portland: 80 minutes
Hikes starting here
- Catherine Creek Arch Loop Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
- Catherine Creek Universal Access Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
- Catherine Creek West Loop Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
- Catherine Creek to Coyote Wall Hike (TH | <-- --> | LOG)
Fees and Regulations
- Dogs on leash
Drive I-84 east and take Exit 64 for White Salmon, Government Camp and Highway 35. Turn left on Button Bridge Road after exiting for Bingen and White Salmon.
Drive 1.1 miles, crossing the toll bridge.
At the junction with Highway 14, turn right for Bingen and White Salmon. Drive 5.9 miles on Highway 14.
Then, turn left onto Old Highway No. 8. Skirt Rowland Lake, driving 1.5 miles up a basalt escarpment and pull into a large parking pullout area on the left side of the highway.
One thing good about the trailhead parking area is that there is a house across the street that over-looks the parking area. A bad guy would have to have a lot of nerve to break into a car here.