From Oregon Hikers Field Guide
- Latitude: 45.65036
- Longitude: -121.93281
- Maps: Portland Hikers Maps Google Maps
- Elevation: 140 feet
- Driving time from Portland: 1 hour
Hikes starting here
Fees and Regulations
- NW Forest Pass required
From Portland, take I-84 east and exit at Cascade Locks. Cross the Columbia River to Washington State over the Bridge of the Gods (toll required). Take a left on Rt 14 and go about a mile and a half. Start looking for the sign for the trailhead parking on your right shortly after you see the Bonneville Dam on your left.
From Vancouver, take Rt 14 35 miles east. Past Beacon Rock and the town of North Bonneville, you'll see Bonneville Dam on your right. Just passed the dam on the left side of the highway is the Bonneville Trailhead.
- This trailhead is also known as Tamanous Trailhead named for the main trail that leaves from here.
- There is ample parking at this lot
- The skinny Tamanous trail starts up into the woods about a .1 mile from the parking lot, turning off a gravel road. For a short diversion you can hike the gravel road a shorts ways to the end of a railroad tunnel. When you return to your hike it'll will be fun to guess at what point you'll actually be hiking over the tunnel!
- This early section of trail is accessible to horses.
- You can also access Table Mountain starting at the Icehouse Lake Trailhead. It adds another mile to your trek - (but it is rather bland!)